A hip eco- friendly experience: Uxua
Uxua Casa Hotel is a stunning, hip boutique hotel set in the beautiful natural surroundings of bohemian Trancoso on Bahia's sundrenched coastline. Trancoso is a picturesque, hilltop fishing village on Brazil’s verdant Bahian coast. Here Uxua offers nine unique and individually styled casas designed by Diesel's Wilbert Das set in tropical gardens. The hotel is complemented by a spa and the nearby Uxua beach lounge.
The Quadrado is a grassy village green overlooking the sea and surrounded by colourful fishermen's houses.
The hotel consists of nine casas, each totally unique in design and décor. These include historic one-, two- and three-bedroom homes facing the Quadrado, an extravagant treehouse constructed entirely from recycled wood, two poolside studios, one with drafting tables for visiting artists or designers, and one or two-bedroom fisherman-style bungalows secreted among mature trees, coconut palms, and flowering plants. Some Casas have their own private gardens, plunge pools, Jacuzzis and terraces, and every Casa has a kitchen or kitchenette, a private bathroom with locally crafted fixtures, luxurious king size beds, and locally sourced furnishings.
Uxua Casa Hotel has a real emphasis on relaxation. Unwind in the spa, which has indoor and outdoor treatment rooms, before taking a relaxing dip in the Jacuzzi. Yoga and pilates classes are held in the spa and there are a variety of massages and acupuncture treatments to choose from. Guests can have a refreshing swim in the Uxua garden pool, which is lined with aventurine, a shimmering green stone famous for its healing properties. There is an open-air gym, beach-volley area and a platform for capoeira training for more active guests. Overlooking the pool, the open-air restaurant & bar serves Bahian cuisine and homemade delicacies.
• Location of Uxua Casa Hotel UXUA is set on the Quadrado Historico in the hippy-chic village of Trancoso, south of Porto Seguro in the Brazilian state of Bahia.
• Getting to Uxua Casa Hotel It's a 1hr drive from Porto Seguro Airport.
• Facilities Indoor/outdoor living room, full kitchen or kitchenette, king size beds, iPod docking station, high-speed Wifi, safe, air conditioning, fans, custom-made and locally sourced furniture and antiques, Bahian artwork and décor, indoor/outdoor bathroom.
• Paid activities Mountain biking, organized treks, horse riding, sky diving, canoeing, kite & windsurfing (best from Aug to Dec), beach volleyball, tennis, capoeira and golf.
• Weather All year round destination.